When I started my own home based business way back in 2009, I was highly excited. This was a new venture for me; almost a new chapter of my life and I wished to give my 100% to make it successful. Initially I was very enthusiastic and naturally gave lots of effort to my business. Though initially I assumed that I wouldn’t have to work much hard like those who travel to office regularly, I was soon proved wrong. Within months, I realized that my job was no less hectic my office-going counterparts.
In fact, I had to sit at a stretch for 8 to 10 hours on my chair to do regular business related tasks, handle my clients and to coordinate with my freelancers as well. These long hours took a toll on my back and soon I began suffering from terrible pain throughout my spine. Mornings became a nightmare when I woke up with stiffness and inflammation as well in my back. There was no other way but to visit Dr. Liboy Bonny, my family physician. He diagnosed that the pain was caused by over work and sitting for long hours at a stretch in the same position.
Buddies, beware! Though I have recovered a lot after following his suggestions and medication, those of you who have sedentary working habits like me, should take care as well. My doctor in fact gave me some effective tips to give my back a rest and keep the pain at bay. I would like to share them with you all. After all you cannot enjoy your job (no matter wherefrom you are doing it) with a pain in your back.
How to Save Your Back from Pain?
- Whenever you are sitting, make sure that you have enough support for your lower back. When I started working from home, I neglected making for proper seating arrangement. I used my old regular chair for my job. However, you should always choose the right type of chair when you need to sit for a long time. Whether you are at an office or working from home; right sized chair is a must in order to avoid any kind of back pain.
- Try to avoid leaning towards one particular side when sitting on a chair. Also try to avoid overstuffed furniture that cannot provide enough support to your spine which is very essential for a painless back.
- While working on computer, make sure that you place the PC adjusting to your eye level. Otherwise you will feel a tremendous back pain after a while.
- Never ever sit for as long as half an hour without taking any break. You may have plenty of work, deadlines, client’s calls and many more important matters to take care of, but remember nothing is more important than your health. During the initial days of my home-based business, I was so excited about my career that I ignored my health a lot. And I had to pay for that and was forced to take a break of 3 months to get recovery from my back pain. So I would like to request you all not to repeat my mistake.
- Try to do some exercise daily. It will help you to obtain a good physique and you can get rid of several kinds of pains and aches as well. Some ailments can be cured only through exercise and yoga, such as spondylosis and other bone-related disorders. So regular exercise will help you to keep away nominal back pains.
Hence, these are some process through which you can keep your back safe during your work. These processes are useful for both the office-goers and those who work from home. Those, who need to sit for long hours on chairs, can follow these tips in order to obtain a painless experience while working.